Read my lips

Read my lips

Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

OppiKoppi 2011 - On our way

Now in its 17th year, the 2011 South African Oppi Koppi festival, which has previously been voted one of the top 10 festivals in the world by the British media, is one I have finally attended! Surviving the red dust and the bitter cold we made sure to fill up on tequila and lemon twist. The artists and bands ranged from hard core metal to jazz, blues, electro, zef hip hop, pop and rock. The Used took to stage the Sunday night… an hour late…. What happened to their sound I still wonder. Then followed Sum 41, a childhood band for the kids of the early 2000’s. whoo hoo!

 Enjoying our African sky

Taken just before we hit the infamous pot holes! (left to right) Anastasia (my sister), Abby, Althea, me!

As kids my sister and I pretended these power lines were dresses in our wardrobes.

il tramonto bella
Finally arrived after nearly 4hours! We set to prepare to set up our tent in the pitch black.



No comments:

Post a Comment